- style style [staɪl] noun [countable]1. a way of doing something, designing something, or producing something, especially one that is typical of a particular time, place, or group of people:style of
• the Japanese style of stock investment
• 1980s-style excessive spending
• American-style shopping mallsˈhouse stylea particular style of writing used by a company in all the documents, books etc it produces:
• We have a house style for all our reports.2. the particular way that someone does something or deals with other people:house style of
• an authoritarian style of leadership
• His tough management style has upset some executives.3. a product with a particular design, shape, and appearance:
• Each diaper comes in `girl' and `boy' styles.
• This is one of our new styles, a $135 dress shoe with a rubber sole.4. LAW the official name or title of a company:
• The company traded under the style of Macron Ltd.
* * *style UK US /staɪl/ noun [C]► a way of doing something, especially one that is typical of a person, group of people, place, or period: management/leadership style »
An authoritarian management style may not yield good results.»
Those familiar with her personal style say she is quietly decisive.»
a working/learning style
Financial and business terms. 2012.